Frequently Asked Questions
- Austin Motorsports (AMS) is a family owned business with over 70 years of automotive industry experience. Our goal at AMS is to provide people with outstanding used vehicles at value pricing.
Where is Austin Motorsports located?
- Our physical car lot is located at: 10416 N FM 620; Austin, Texas 78726-1701
Why purchase a used car?
- TO SAVE MONEY! ithout paying for the depreciation which hits new car buyers’ wallets as soon as they drive the car off the lot.
And there are many additional good number of reasons to buy used:
- You'll save money on insurance.
- Bigger bargains are possible for the smart used car shopper. If you take advantage of the wonders of the World Wide Web, and expand your market search area to include the continental United States, a whole new world of value prices cars is available to your fingertips.
- Used cars are more reliable today than ever before.
- Some used cars are still under the factory warranty.
- The history of a used car can easily be traced using the vehicle identification number (VIN). At AMS we can provide you with an AutoCheck or CarFax report.
CALL RON MELROSE NOW!
Where does AMS inventory come from?
We specialize in buying cars at wholesale prices, and returning the savings to our customers. We keep our overhead LOW—and our margins LOW—so we can pass the savings on to you. Accordingly, we have several vendors that provide us with stock including:
- franchise dealers
- banking institutions
- estate sales
- individual consignment
- We focus on providing our customers with high-end cars, which means we only sell vehicles with clean titles.
What forms of payment does AMS accept?
- Certified check
- Bank financing
- If you are interested in financing, we suggest you pre-certify yourself with a lender with which you have already established a credit history. Credit unions are great options for low rate loans! If you apply directly for an auto financing loan, rates are generally better for you than when the car dealership applies on your behalf. Online lenders such as www.eLoan.com or websites like www.Bankrate.com can provide competitive rate information.
If purchasing a vehicle out of state, please refer to our eBay Guide for specific payment methods instructions.
What type of services are performed on the cars before sale?
- All cars are professionally cleaned before sale. If there are any mechanical issues noted during inspection, they are addressed before the car is sold. Any issues that we elect not to fix are disclosed in full in our eBay listing.
We also offer additional services. Read more here!
Do you accept trade-ins?
- YES! We accept trade ins and can easily value your trade-in after you provide a few basic details on your current vehicle. To get a quote, click here and fill out the form.
- We can also assist you with selling your car by acting as your broker!